Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default pivot table, grand total no negatives

My data in my pivot table holds negative numbers, therefore my Grand Total
minuses these negatives, ie 6, -2, 4 grand total = 8.

I need the Grand Total to only add anything over 0, so the above equation
would equal 10.

Is there anyway in the pivot table I can do this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You may need to add a helper column in your database and then make it a page field in PivotTable. Then choose the criterion. See if this thread helps.

http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...2899fd 057407

For more info on PivotTable check this out. http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Scroll down to "P."

Please wait around and see if there is another suggestion.

Epinn

"legs" wrote in message ...
My data in my pivot table holds negative numbers, therefore my Grand Total
minuses these negatives, ie 6, -2, 4 grand total = 8.

I need the Grand Total to only add anything over 0, so the above equation
would equal 10.

Is there anyway in the pivot table I can do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Epinn

I had thought about putting in a helper column, but as this is a regular
occurance in my daily needs, I thought I might see if there is a solution
within the the table itself.

"legs" wrote in message ...
My data in my pivot table holds negative numbers, therefore my Grand Total
minuses these negatives, ie 6, -2, 4 grand total = 8.

I need the Grand Total to only add anything over 0, so the above equation
would equal 10.

Is there anyway in the pivot table I can do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need the helper column. Pivot tables are as efficient as they are because
they pre-aggregate the source data. What you want to do is to change the
aggregation after it has already occured...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson