Pennington

Default File won't open in Excel 2003

I send a person an Excel 2000 file containing macros and a digital signature.
When He attempts to open the file in Excel 2003 this is what he sees:
Run-time error '1004':

The password you supplied is not correct. Verify that the CAPS LOCK key
is off and be sure to use the correct capitalization.

Continue(grayed) | End | Debug | Help

Security level is set to low and he is not presented with any dialogue box
to enetr a passwrod so how do we overcome this problem?
Your advice would be most appreciated.
CyberTaz

Hi Pennington-

You'll get more expert advice on this point, but I believe there is a
"slight" difference in the language structure that is causing the problem.
Those replies will directly address that.

In the meantime, have him set his Security Level to Medium and click the
button to Disable Macros. That should allow him to open the file even though
the macros can't be used until the VBA problem gets fixed.

Hope this is helpful |:)