Old December 3rd 04, 01:35 AM
Aging Analyst

Default Excel 2003 "File Open": how keep folders at top with sort by Date.

With "File Open" in Excel 2003, how can I keep the folders at the top when I
have the view set on Details and sorting by Date Modified so that the newest
stuff is at the top? I was previously using Excel 2000 and it kept the
folders at the top automatically (as did Excel 97).

Old December 3rd 04, 04:26 AM

I use xl2k at work and I know that I have to resort this list in the File|open
dialog lots of times--so I'm guessing that your memory might be a bit faulty.

(But I'm getting older, too--so maybe it's my memory that's fading. I do know
that I click to sort lots of times!)