Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Auto Sum function not working in large Excel file

Dear Sir,

I was working on a large Excel file of around 12.5 MB today.

This file has many pages and with a lot of formulas in it.

When the "Freeze Pane" function was on, I tried to sum up around 50 rows of
numbers from the top, the Auto Sum result that usually appeared at the bottom
left of the sceen suddently disappeared when I reach 45 lines onwards.

There was no way for me to get the answer I wanted for the full 50 lines by
highlighting from above no matter how many times i tried.

I could only get the answer when I highlighted it from bottom to top. May I
know how to overcome this problem ?

Could this be a program bug I just detected for Excel 2002 Worksheet ?

Is there a performance limit in terms of file size for Excel 2002 Worksheet
Program ?

Does Microsoft update the Excel 2002 program via an office update from time
to time upon discovering and fixing certain bugs ?

I would be glad if someone knowledgable could help me on my enquiries

Thanks

Low
--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Answers in line.

Mr. Low wrote:

Dear Sir,

I was working on a large Excel file of around 12.5 MB today.

This file has many pages and with a lot of formulas in it.

When the "Freeze Pane" function was on, I tried to sum up around 50 rows of
numbers from the top, the Auto Sum result that usually appeared at the bottom
left of the sceen suddently disappeared when I reach 45 lines onwards.

There was no way for me to get the answer I wanted for the full 50 lines by
highlighting from above no matter how many times i tried.

I could only get the answer when I highlighted it from bottom to top. May I
know how to overcome this problem ?

By highlighting from the bottom has resulted in a solution to the problem.

Could this be a program bug I just detected for Excel 2002 Worksheet ?

Possibly.

Is there a performance limit in terms of file size for Excel 2002 Worksheet
Program ?

Performance limits are related to the computer the spreadsheet is opened on.

Does Microsoft update the Excel 2002 program via an office update from time
to time upon discovering and fixing certain bugs ?

Office 2002 is past the support phase. The problem is not evident in
Excel 2003.

I would be glad if someone knowledgable could help me on my enquiries

Thanks

Low

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your answers.

Low

--
A36B58K641

"Bob I" wrote:

Answers in line.

Mr. Low wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are welcome, please have a nice day.

Mr. Low wrote:

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your answers.

Low