Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mr. Low

Default Is there any File Auto Save Function for Excel and Word 2007 (Bet

Dear All,

Is there any File Auto Save Function for Excel and Word 2007 (Beta) ?
I could not find this function at the tool bar. Please show me how to find
it and set its saving intervals.

I hope this very important function is not omitted as the user need to auto
save his file at say 60 second or 3 minutes intervals to avoid unexpected
data lost.

This is especially important when the file size the user is working on is
big and need good concentration. (Clicking save file frequently is very
distracting). It also prevents data lost during power disruption when the
user is working without a continuous power supply unit.

Kind Regards
Low Seng Kuang
Malaysia

A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Traci

I'm not sure if the version of excel I have is the same as what you have, but
on mine, to set the 'Auto Save' you'll want to go to "Tools", then "Options"
then "Save"
then check the box that says "Save AutoRecovery every..." and insert the how
often you want it to save (every 2 minutes, 4 minutes, etc.)
Hope that helps...

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Dear All,

Is there any File Auto Save Function for Excel and Word 2007 (Beta) ?
I could not find this function at the tool bar. Please show me how to find
it and set its saving intervals.

I hope this very important function is not omitted as the user need to auto
save his file at say 60 second or 3 minutes intervals to avoid unexpected
data lost.

This is especially important when the file size the user is working on is
big and need good concentration. (Clicking save file frequently is very
distracting). It also prevents data lost during power disruption when the
user is working without a continuous power supply unit.

Kind Regards
Low Seng Kuang
Malaysia

A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mr. Low

Default Is there any File Auto Save Function for Excel and Word 2007

Hello Traci,

Thanks for your info. The version that I am using is a test(Beta) version
from Microsoft.

I tried to look into the various icons at the tool bar, and I have managed
to find it at the MS Office 2007 Main Button at the top left hand corner. It
is under "Word Option"

Many thanks again.

Low Seng Kuang
Malaysia