Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mr. Low Mr. Low is offline

Default Excel 2002: Auto Sum function not working in large Excel file

Dear Sir,

I was working on a large Excel file of around 12.5 MB today.

This file has many pages and with a lot of formulas in it.

When the "Freeze Pane" function was on, I tried to sum up around 50 rows of
numbers from the top, the Auto Sum result that usually appeared at the bottom
left of the sceen suddently disappeared when I reach 45 lines onwards.

There was no way for me to get the answer I wanted for the full 50 lines by
highlighting from above no matter how many times i tried.

I could only get the answer when I highlighted it from bottom to top. May I
know how to overcome this problem ?

Could this be a program bug I just detected for Excel 2002 Worksheet ?

Is there a performance limit in terms of file size for Excel 2002 Worksheet
Program ?

Does Microsoft update the Excel 2002 program via an office update from time
to time upon discovering and fixing certain bugs ?

I would be glad if someone knowledgable could help me on my enquiries

Thanks

Low
--
A36B58K641