Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I enter a list in a Combo box?

I'm trying to create a drop-down list in a combo box from the Control Box
toolbar, as I need to be able to play around with the font size, but I can't
get it to work. Could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong?

My sheet is called Purchaseorder. I've got a list of companies in cells A1
to A10 that I want to appear in a drop-down list.

I've got an empty combo box open and now need to put in the data from cells
A1 to A10. Having read a few replies to other people's questions about this
subject, I'm still struggling to do it!

I right click on the combo box and go to Properties, where I see a long list
of options I can change. I go to ListFillRange and type in
Purchaseorder!A1:A10. There isn't an OK button or anything, so I just close
the Properties window. But nothing happens! I just can't get the data to go
into the box.

Can anyone help? It's driving me crazy! Thanks very much,

KarenPF
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What you are doing is correct. Once you have entered the information in the
ListFillRange field, Excel will leave you in Design View. Every time you
click the combo-box you'll select it again. Switch off Design View (the
toggle button on the Control Toolbar that looks like a set square, pencil and
ruler).

Then click the arrow on your combobox and your list should be there.
--
Kevin Ciccone

"KarenPF" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Karen, the list will only appear when you show/run the dialog. A quick way
to do so is to select the dialog in the VB editor and press F5.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"KarenPF" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dom,

Every time I click the ListFillRange and try to save, my values just
disappear!
I even tied to exit design mode..still same problem
I am running MS Excel 2003 SP3
What exactly am I dong wrong??

Thanks,

Gboye

"KarenPF" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dom,
I did as KarenPF described in her question, but ListFillRange field on my
excel does not hold info I typed. It disappears right away; therefore, the
combo box shows nothing.
Thank you in advance and waiting for your response.
Anyone help would be appreciated.

Hahn

"KarenPF" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to show a date in a Combo box?

Hi someone,
I hope someone can help me to solve this problem.
I could create two combo boxes to link to a list of date, each combobox
linked to a different list of date, but when I clicked each combobox to
select a date, it did not show a date, it showed a number. Cell linked to it
also showed a number. If I converted that number, it would show a date, but
in combobox it would not show a date. How do I do to show a date in combobox?
Also, I want to code to if I select a date at this combobox, another
combobox will show another date that I want, that date is the same row, next
colum (in a different list). How to code? Or give another way to do this.
Thank you.
Nguyen