Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dom_Ciccone Dom_Ciccone is offline

Default How do I enter a list in a Combo box?

What you are doing is correct. Once you have entered the information in the
ListFillRange field, Excel will leave you in Design View. Every time you
click the combo-box you'll select it again. Switch off Design View (the
toggle button on the Control Toolbar that looks like a set square, pencil and
ruler).

Then click the arrow on your combobox and your list should be there.
--
Kevin Ciccone

"KarenPF" wrote:

I'm trying to create a drop-down list in a combo box from the Control Box
toolbar, as I need to be able to play around with the font size, but I can't
get it to work. Could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong?

My sheet is called Purchaseorder. I've got a list of companies in cells A1
to A10 that I want to appear in a drop-down list.

I've got an empty combo box open and now need to put in the data from cells
A1 to A10. Having read a few replies to other people's questions about this
subject, I'm still struggling to do it!

I right click on the combo box and go to Properties, where I see a long list
of options I can change. I go to ListFillRange and type in
Purchaseorder!A1:A10. There isn't an OK button or anything, so I just close
the Properties window. But nothing happens! I just can't get the data to go
into the box.

Can anyone help? It's driving me crazy! Thanks very much,

KarenPF