Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KarenPF KarenPF is offline

Default How do I enter a list in a Combo box?

Thank you so much, Kevin. A perfect and simple description of what to do!

"Dom_Ciccone" wrote:

What you are doing is correct. Once you have entered the information in the
ListFillRange field, Excel will leave you in Design View. Every time you
click the combo-box you'll select it again. Switch off Design View (the
toggle button on the Control Toolbar that looks like a set square, pencil and
ruler).

Then click the arrow on your combobox and your list should be there.
--
Kevin Ciccone

"KarenPF" wrote:

I'm trying to create a drop-down list in a combo box from the Control Box
toolbar, as I need to be able to play around with the font size, but I can't
get it to work. Could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong?

My sheet is called Purchaseorder. I've got a list of companies in cells A1
to A10 that I want to appear in a drop-down list.

I've got an empty combo box open and now need to put in the data from cells
A1 to A10. Having read a few replies to other people's questions about this
subject, I'm still struggling to do it!

I right click on the combo box and go to Properties, where I see a long list
of options I can change. I go to ListFillRange and type in
Purchaseorder!A1:A10. There isn't an OK button or anything, so I just close
the Properties window. But nothing happens! I just can't get the data to go
into the box.

Can anyone help? It's driving me crazy! Thanks very much,

KarenPF