Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I combine multiple rows with like data in Excel?

I dont know what this would be called or what formula to use and would
greatly appreciate any help I can get.

I would like to take the example table below and get the following results.
First Last Address Previous Employer
Steve Smith 166 Home St 4

I would like one row with the like data listed and a count if possible of
the non like data.
First Last Address Previous Employer
Steve Smith 166 Home St ABC Inc
Steve Smith 166 Home St #1 Times
Steve Smith 166 Home St Any Work
Steve Smith 166 Home St Work Now

--
Chad Welch
NG&G Facility Services
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use a pivot table to summarize the data.
Put the First, Last and Address fields in the Row area, and Employer in
the Data area, where it will become Count of Employer.

There are pivot table instructions and links he

CAW@NG&G wrote:
I dont know what this would be called or what formula to use and would
greatly appreciate any help I can get.

I would like to take the example table below and get the following results.
First Last Address Previous Employer
Steve Smith 166 Home St 4

I would like one row with the like data listed and a count if possible of
the non like data.
First Last Address Previous Employer
Steve Smith 166 Home St ABC Inc
Steve Smith 166 Home St #1 Times
Steve Smith 166 Home St Any Work
Steve Smith 166 Home St Work Now

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried a pivot table function but I cannot get multiple columns to show. I
think a VB formula will give me the data that Im looking for but I just
dont know all the command lines.