Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jayntree

Default Combine data rows in Pie Chart

I have a large excel spreadsheet that has client names and transaction
amounts on it (along with other data). I made a chart that has the
names and amount percentages on it, but there is a problem. It lists
every transaction from a client as a different piece of the pie. So if
a client has 5 transactions he has 5 pieces of the pie. Any way I can
get Excel to recognize the same name and group it on a pie chart?

--
Jayntree
Jayntree's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32485

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

You need to summarize the data with formula or pivot table, the chart
will not do it for you.

Cheers
Andy

Jayntree wrote:
I have a large excel spreadsheet that has client names and transaction
amounts on it (along with other data). I made a chart that has the
names and amount percentages on it, but there is a problem. It lists
every transaction from a client as a different piece of the pie. So if
a client has 5 transactions he has 5 pieces of the pie. Any way I can
get Excel to recognize the same name and group it on a pie chart?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info