-   -   Combine data rows in Pie Chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/77523-combine-data-rows-pie-chart.html)

Jayntree

Combine data rows in Pie Chart

I have a large excel spreadsheet that has client names and transaction
amounts on it (along with other data). I made a chart that has the
names and amount percentages on it, but there is a problem. It lists
every transaction from a client as a different piece of the pie. So if
a client has 5 transactions he has 5 pieces of the pie. Any way I can
get Excel to recognize the same name and group it on a pie chart?
:confused:

--
Jayntree
Jayntree's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32485

Andy Pope

Combine data rows in Pie Chart

Hi,

You need to summarize the data with formula or pivot table, the chart
will not do it for you.

Cheers
Andy

Jayntree wrote:
I have a large excel spreadsheet that has client names and transaction
amounts on it (along with other data). I made a chart that has the
names and amount percentages on it, but there is a problem. It lists
every transaction from a client as a different piece of the pie. So if
a client has 5 transactions he has 5 pieces of the pie. Any way I can
get Excel to recognize the same name and group it on a pie chart?
:confused:

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info