Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default How do I combine multiple rows with like data in Excel?

You could use a pivot table to summarize the data.
Put the First, Last and Address fields in the Row area, and Employer in
the Data area, where it will become Count of Employer.

There are pivot table instructions and links he

CAW@NG&G wrote:
I dont know what this would be called or what formula to use and would
greatly appreciate any help I can get.

I would like to take the example table below and get the following results.
First Last Address Previous Employer
Steve Smith 166 Home St 4

I would like one row with the like data listed and a count if possible of
the non like data.
First Last Address Previous Employer
Steve Smith 166 Home St ABC Inc
Steve Smith 166 Home St #1 Times