Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Data

I received a spreadsheet with a pivot table. If I double click a results
filed I see the data that rolls into the results. I do not see visibly see
any of the data any where in the spreadsheet to support the results unless I
double click it.

Where does Excel store the data? Its embedded somewhere, or the pivot table
would not work.

Thanks

Dave K
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The data might be:
a) Underneath the table
b) Hidden
c) Another tab

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is not on another tab, so how do I look at A & B below.

Thanks for responding

"Tevuna" wrote:

The data might be:
a) Underneath the table
b) Hidden
c) Another tab

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As for
a) drag the table to a side
b) unhide all columns and rows, or look if column and row headings are
sequenced {a,b,c,...},{1,2,3,...}

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The data is stored in a hidden pivot cache, and can remain in the
workbook even if the original source data is deleted.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave

Perhaps the Sheet with the source data is hidden.
Invoke the PT wizard from the PT toolbarBack and you should see the
source range.

--
Regards

Roger Govier