Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Missy

Default Data Area of Pivot Table and Pivot Charts

I have a Pivot Table and Chart that has a max. of 16 fields in the Data area
that could be charted. If I deselect a field in the Data drop down box on
the pivot chart or pivot table the field is completely removed and is no
longer available to be selected later. How can I keep these fields available
to be selected so I can chart different combinations of the 16 data fields on
the chart? I am using Excel 2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
pdberger

Missy --

I'm using Excel 2003 so don't know if this will work in 2000, but try it.
Rather than deselecting something from the PivotTable, just click-and-drag it
back to the field list. Works for me.

"Missy" wrote:

I have a Pivot Table and Chart that has a max. of 16 fields in the Data area
that could be charted. If I deselect a field in the Data drop down box on
the pivot chart or pivot table the field is completely removed and is no
longer available to be selected later. How can I keep these fields available
to be selected so I can chart different combinations of the 16 data fields on
the chart? I am using Excel 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debra Dalgleish

Unlike Row or Column field items, if you deselect an item in the Data
dropdown, it's removed from the pivot table, and from the Data dropdown
list. To see it in the chart again, you can drag it back from the Pivot
Table Field List

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures