Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
pdberger

Default Data Area of Pivot Table and Pivot Charts

Missy --

I'm using Excel 2003 so don't know if this will work in 2000, but try it.
Rather than deselecting something from the PivotTable, just click-and-drag it
back to the field list. Works for me.

"Missy" wrote:

I have a Pivot Table and Chart that has a max. of 16 fields in the Data area
that could be charted. If I deselect a field in the Data drop down box on
the pivot chart or pivot table the field is completely removed and is no
longer available to be selected later. How can I keep these fields available
to be selected so I can chart different combinations of the 16 data fields on
the chart? I am using Excel 2000.