Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getting pictures into Excel

I have Excel 2000 and it doesn't seem to accept prictures (mypicture.jpg) as
the contents of a cell. Is there a way to may this work, or is my version too
old? Any help would be appreciated.

Ted
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try Insert|Picture|From file

Be aware that the picture doesn't actually reside in that cell (like a formula
or value). It floats above the worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is there any way, in any version of Excel, to have the picture within the
cell. For example, I have an Excel file consisting of a list of names;
address; and phone numbers for a group of people. I would like to add a
"photo field" for each of these entries where the person's picture would
reside. Is this doable in Excel?

Thanks again.

Ted

Preacher Ted wrote:

I have Excel 2000 and it doesn't seem to accept prictures (mypicture.jpg) as
the contents of a cell. Is there a way to may this work, or is my version too
old? Any help would be appreciated.

Ted

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't put the picture in the cell. You can add a picture and have it float
over the cell you want. If you add a picture (insert|Picture|from file), you
can adjust it so that it floats over the exact size of that cell (or range of
cells).

If you hold the alt-key while resizing the picture, it'll snap to the cell's
border.

Another option would be to add a comment to the cell and then put the picture in
that comment.

See Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture

Preacher Ted wrote:

I have Excel 2000 and it doesn't seem to accept prictures (mypicture.jpg) as
the contents of a cell. Is there a way to may this work, or is my version too
old? Any help would be appreciated.

Ted

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition to Dave's advice you may be happy with selecting a name from a
drop-down list and the picture associated with that name will pop up.

See JE McGimpsey's site for how-to.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP