vms

Default How do I input email addresses in Excel without the hyperlink,

I need email addresses in my excel worksheet, but they must be text, not
hyperlink. Iv'e been copying them to a word doc, then doing the "paste
special" to put it in excel as text. That works, but is very time consuming.
Is there a way to format a column so emails are text only?
--
"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough
other people get what they want." -- Zig Ziglar

Jason Morin

Precede the email address with an apostrophe (') when
keying.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I need email addresses in my excel worksheet, but they

must be text, not
hyperlink. Iv'e been copying them to a word doc, then

doing the "paste
special" to put it in excel as text. That works, but is

very time consuming.
Is there a way to format a column so emails are text

only?
--
"You can have everything in life you want, if you will

just help enough
other people get what they want." -- Zig Ziglar

.

Ron de Bruin

Hi vms

In 2002/2003 you can turn it of

Tools Options Spelling
Press "AutoCorrect Options" Button
AutoFormat As You Type Tab
Remove Check from "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"
OK
OK

If you have fill in a address and Enter to confirm you
can use Ctrl-Z to make it text.

Or start with a '

You can run this macro also to make text of all hyperlinks
in your worksheet

Sub test()
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub

Alt-F11
InsertModule from the menubar
paste the sub in there
Alt-Q to go back to Excel

If you do Alt-F8 you get a list of your macro's
Select "test" and press Run

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl