Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Preview Excel Files

There is a view entitled preview in the view drop down list....when opening a
file, selecting views,followed by preview - I am unable to view excel file
contents prior to opening the individiual files?

Can excel files be previewed prior to opening the individual files?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you saved a preview picture.

In xl2003 (and below??)
Open each file
File|Properties|Summary tab|check "save preview picture"

Yep, you have to set this up before you can preview it.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
No Name

Hi

The sheets will only display on Preview if they are set to when they are
saved. On the Tools/Options/General tab there is an option for 'Prompt for
workbook properties'. If this is ticked, when the workbook is saved a box
pops up for information - along with a tick box for 'Save Preview Picture'.
Hope this helps.
Andy.

"lbj595" wrote in message
There is a view entitled preview in the view drop down list....when
opening a
file, selecting views,followed by preview - I am unable to view excel file
contents prior to opening the individiual files?

Can excel files be previewed prior to opening the individual files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Dave.

Yes, I try the steps, but when I view by going to My ComputerDrive E and
place the cursor at the file, the tiny page of 4 cm x 3 cm appears at the
bottom left hand corner of the screen.

The content of the page is hardly visible because it is too small. I am
using MS Window 2000 OS. May I know is there a way to zoom in or enlarge the
page ?

Thanks

Low

Thanks