Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Setting custome RGB properties to specific cells

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to specify customer RGB properties to
specific cells in a worksheet. When I go to format -- cells and click on
the properties tab I can only see the standard colour table.

Also does anyone know if it is possible to add effects to cells (e.g.
shading left to right)?

Cheers,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kippers,

To get the RGB happening you can goto ToolsOptionsColor Tab
Click on a color patch and click modify and then custom tab.
This will change that patch in your color pallette.

I don't know of any way to get shading but I only use 2000 this may
have been changed in later versions.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have some limited shading options.

Bring up the Darwing Toolbar.

Select the cell or group of cells and hit the shading button on the Toolbar.

Very limited..........no gradient as far as I can see.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP