-   -   Setting Specific Cells To Not Print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/98998-setting-specific-cells-not-print.html)

Jeremy.Whitney

Setting Specific Cells To Not Print

I am attempting to set specific cells in Excel to never print. I would
like the information to be visible at all times when viewing the file,
but would like them to be blank cells when printed out. Is this
possible without having to hide/unhide the cells before and after
printing each time?

--
Jeremy.Whitney
Jeremy.Whitney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35479

Debra Dalgleish

Setting Specific Cells To Not Print

You can use conditional formatting to hide cell contents when printing,
as described he

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Print

Jeremy.Whitney wrote:
I am attempting to set specific cells in Excel to never print. I would
like the information to be visible at all times when viewing the file,
but would like them to be blank cells when printed out. Is this
possible without having to hide/unhide the cells before and after
printing each time?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Jeremy.Whitney

Setting Specific Cells To Not Print

That still requires me to create a cell, and then use the cell's
contents to decide whether or not to "hide" information before
printing. Is there no way to make a cell permanently visible, but
no-print? If not, I'll work around it, just seems like it would be
something already built in to Excel.