Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saved edited attachment- where'd it go?

I had a slap your forehead moment when I opened an Excel attachment from my
Yahoo Mail and made changes (3 hours of changes mind you) to the document-
all the while hitting "Save" <-- never hit Save As and now that I've closed
out of it I cannot find it on my computer.

Can anyone help me??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have administrator rights, try a windows search down the path
c:\documents and settings\yourusername

Note you should not go as far as the 'my documents' folder with the search
path. Depending on Windows OS, your WB should in a temporary folder down
there.

"huam9801" wrote in message
I had a slap your forehead moment when I opened an Excel attachment from my
Yahoo Mail and made changes (3 hours of changes mind you) to the document-
all the while hitting "Save" <-- never hit Save As and now that I've
closed
out of it I cannot find it on my computer.

Can anyone help me??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try opening internet explorer (if that was your browser when you opened the
attachment).

Tools|Internet options|General tab|Browsing History section|Click Settings
Then click View files.

Sort by extension or date or by name.

You may find it buried in this temporary internet file location.

--

Dave Peterson