Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Move cell info on new entry

Hi All

I am wanting to be able to enter dates into a cell in my sheet and each time
I enter a new date it will automatically move the last date down a row. I
want to have the most current 4 dates show. So there will be 4 rows of dates.

example

3/25/07
3/15/07
3/10/07
3/3/07

and now when I enter a new date it will look like this

3/30/07
3/25/07
3/15/07
3/10/07

Has anyone ever done this or know how to go about writiung a function or
formula to do this

Thanks for the help

DN
--
crunchin numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob

The date on top will be the most current date and I feel it would be best if
I entered the new date into a empty cell. so I would want that cell to clear
after it was entered and carry that new date to the top of the list below and
remove the date from the bottom of the list so it updated each time a new
date was entered.

I hope that may clear it up some
Thanks

DN
--
cruchnin numbers

"belvy123" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi AGain Bob

1 (blank to enter new date)
2 3/25/07
3 3/15/07
4 3/10/07

After new date is entered it will look like this

1 (Blank to enter new date)
2 3/30/07
3 3/25/07
4 3/15/07

Hopefully that is a bit easier to understand
Thanks
DN

--
cruchnin numbers

"belvy123" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perfect mate!

Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1" '<== change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit
Application.EnableEvents = False

With Target
.Resize(3).Copy .Offset(1, 0)
.Value = ""
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Where are the existing dates? Where will the new date go?

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"belvy123" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob

Thanks sooo very much
you are a lifesaver

Thanks again

DN
--
cruchnin numbers

"belvy123" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Agian Bob

What would I need to add to this script to be able to do this in several
locations on the same sheet.

example

in A1 B1 C1 D1 E1

Etc Etc
--
cruchnin numbers

"belvy123" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Change

Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1" '<== change to suit

Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1:E1"

--
HTH

Bob

[...]