Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
belvy123 belvy123 is offline

Default Move cell info on new entry

Hi Bob

The date on top will be the most current date and I feel it would be best if
I entered the new date into a empty cell. so I would want that cell to clear
after it was entered and carry that new date to the top of the list below and
remove the date from the bottom of the list so it updated each time a new
date was entered.

I hope that may clear it up some
Thanks

DN
--
cruchnin numbers

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Where are the existing dates? Where will the new date go?

--
HTH

Bob

"belvy123" wrote in message
Hi All

I am wanting to be able to enter dates into a cell in my sheet and each
time
I enter a new date it will automatically move the last date down a row. I
want to have the most current 4 dates show. So there will be 4 rows of
dates.

example

3/25/07
3/15/07
3/10/07
3/3/07

and now when I enter a new date it will look like this

3/30/07
3/25/07
3/15/07
3/10/07

Has anyone ever done this or know how to go about writiung a function or
formula to do this

Thanks for the help

DN
--