Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default printing fractions

Is there a way to print a fraction the way we write it - numerator positioned
directly on top of the denominator - not 3/4, 1/4, 1/2, etc?
--
Thanks and God bless you and yours,
Gabriella777_2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gabriella777_2 wrote on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:34:04 -0700:

G Is there a way to print a fraction the way we write it -
G numerator positioned directly on top of the denominator -
G not 3/4, 1/4, 1/2, etc? --

The best compromise that I know is to use autocorrect for some
of the simpler fractions. One quarter is written as 1/4 but the
one and four are in a smaller size and are treated as one
character if the font has them.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry I forgot to tell you that I found a way to do this fractions thing.
In the Insert menu select symbols. When the box opens, select Font:
Palatino Linotype and Subset: Superscripts and Subscripts.
Then select your numerator number from the set of raised number list,
insert, select the slash, insert, and finally select and insert your
denominator number from the other set of numbers positioned low in the box.
It sets it up in the space of one normal letter entry.
Hope this helps anyone trying to do the same thing.
--

"James Silverton" wrote:

Gabriella777_2 wrote on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:34:04 -0700:

G Is there a way to print a fraction the way we write it -
G numerator positioned directly on top of the denominator -
G not 3/4, 1/4, 1/2, etc? --

The best compromise that I know is to use autocorrect for some
of the simpler fractions. One quarter is written as 1/4 but the
one and four are in a smaller size and are treated as one
character if the font has them.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

MS Reference2 has quite a number of common fractions you could use as is.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP