Default Fractions

Hi,

Is there anyway to prevent Excel from reducing fractions? For example, I
need 2/4 to appear in my spreadsheet, but Excel is reducing it to 1/2.

Thanks,
Ragdyer

You can create a custom format:

<Format <Cells <Number tab,
Click on "Fractions", and choose your format.
--
HTH,

RD

"V" wrote in message

Is there anyway to prevent Excel from reducing fractions? For example, I
need 2/4 to appear in my spreadsheet, but Excel is reducing it to 1/2.

Thanks,

twa14

Hi

I have the same problem and this is not an answer. When I type in a fraction
I do not want it reduced to the LCD. How do I stop Excel reducing to the
LCD. I am using Excel 2000.

Regards

twa14

"V" wrote in message

Is there anyway to prevent Excel from reducing fractions? For example, I
need 2/4 to appear in my spreadsheet, but Excel is reducing it to 1/2.

Thanks,

twa14

Hi

Check out the folliwing link

twa14

http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages..._Reducing.html

"V" wrote:

Hi,

Is there anyway to prevent Excel from reducing fractions? For example, I
need 2/4 to appear in my spreadsheet, but Excel is reducing it to 1/2.

Thanks,

Bryan Hessey

Valerie,

for Halves, Quarters, Eighths, Sixteenths, Tenths and Hundreds you can
select from the pre-set Fractions formats to avoid having to specify a
Custom setting, for the rest then follow as TWA wrote, or you can use
the single quote to display text ie '6/8 but that becomes a text
display and is not useful for calculations.

"V" wrote:

Hi,

Is there anyway to prevent Excel from reducing fractions? For

example, I
need 2/4 to appear in my spreadsheet, but Excel is reducing it to

1/2.

Thanks,

Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=466668

RagDyeR

Since you say that you had the *same* problem as the OP. then my answer *is
absolutely* correct !

RD
-------------------

"Ragdyer" wrote:

You can create a custom format:

<Format <Cells <Number tab,
Click on "Fractions", and choose your format.
--
HTH,

RD

-