nickravo

Default Fractions to Decimals problem

I am attempting to copy one of several fractions-to-decimals charts
from the web to Excel. Largely to get a table of 1/64s, and 1/32ds
decimalized. But when I copy and paste into Excel, about half of the
fractions in the fractions column convert to dates. Have tried changing
several formats, to no avail. Only about half of them do this, too. And
no matter if I use destination formating or original. Odd. What can I
do to rectify?

Bernd Plumhoff

Hello,

Set column format to text first, then fill column with
data, then data/text to columns and separate parts left
from "/" from righter one (you may have to separate even a
leading integer part first: for example "23 7/64"),
finally divide values of these two columns in a helper
column (multiply values by one to force text to number if
necessary).

HTH,
Bernd