splitsixty

Default fractions help

If im typing in a word doc. and type 1/2 it switches to a little 1/2
symbol. If I type 1/2 in excel...it remains exactly as i typed
it....how do I get it to do the same thing as in word??? does that make
sense? If not try it for your selves to understand better (am using 2000
version).....any help would be great!

--
splitsixty
splitsixty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25843

MrShorty

If you are looking for the text character "1/2," Click on
Insert-Symbol then select the 1/2 character and Insert. Your cell
will contain the text character 1/2. If you want your cell to equal
the value 1/2 (=0.5=50%), then it will be more complicated.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181

splitsixty

in the excel version 2000, its not there...the insertsymbol....

--
splitsixty
splitsixty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25843
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392275

MrShorty

I looked it up, and the code for the ½ character is alt-0189 (while
holding alt press 0189 on the number keypad). When you can't remember
the code numbers, you can also use the character map utility which is
part of the Windows operating system to copy special characters.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392275

splitsixty

MrSorty...you da man.....how though did you look that up?

--
splitsixty
splitsixty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25843
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392275

Anne Troy

Try this, split:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/s...oft_office.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"splitsixty" wrote
in message ...

MrSorty...you da man.....how though did you look that up?

--
splitsixty
splitsixty's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=392275

MrShorty

splitsixty Wrote:
MrSorty...you da man.....how though did you look that up?

I'm sure there are other places, but in the character map dialog (or
the Insert Symbol dialogue), one of the fields in the status bar shows
the code for a selected character.