Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Preserving hyperlinks when rows are added

In an Excel 2003 workbook, I have several hyperlinks to hlp navigate around.
The difficulty is when additional rows or columns are added they displace the
target cell reference. In this situation, is it possible to ensure a
hyperlink from a cell takes me to the intended data in a target cell after it
is displaced?
I'd like to achieve this without the use of macros (if possible).
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is always a problem using hyperlinks to navagate within a workbook.
because the links are normally enclosed in double-quotes, they don't adjust
as rows/columns/ are added/deleted. But here is a neat trick:

A formula like:

=HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!I14","go")

will "lock" in place, but:

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",Sheet3!Z100),"target ")

will adjust !
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200716

"Jimbob" wrote:

In an Excel 2003 workbook, I have several hyperlinks to hlp navigate around.
The difficulty is when additional rows or columns are added they displace the
target cell reference. In this situation, is it possible to ensure a
hyperlink from a cell takes me to the intended data in a target cell after it
is displaced?
I'd like to achieve this without the use of macros (if possible).
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gary's Student: Can you clarify this formula? I'm assuming "#"
represents the sheet name. What does "address" represent, if sheet
represents the name of the worksheet? Also, what is Z100 representing?
--
Diana

"Jimbob" wrote:

In an Excel 2003 workbook, I have several hyperlinks to hlp navigate around.
The difficulty is when additional rows or columns are added they displace the
target cell reference. In this situation, is it possible to ensure a
hyperlink from a cell takes me to the intended data in a target cell after it
is displaced?
I'd like to achieve this without the use of macros (if possible).
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI! Can someone please clarify the formula?
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",Sheet3!Z100),"target ")
What does # & address stand for?

"Jimbob" wrote:

In an Excel 2003 workbook, I have several hyperlinks to hlp navigate around.
The difficulty is when additional rows or columns are added they displace the
target cell reference. In this situation, is it possible to ensure a
hyperlink from a cell takes me to the intended data in a target cell after it
is displaced?
I'd like to achieve this without the use of macros (if possible).
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's a subaddress indicator (from a non-HTML speaking person!).

Next time you're surfing the web, you'll see links that look like this:
http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html
(in some browsers, you can let the cursor linger over the link and see the
address in the status bar at the bottom left).

And then there are links that look like:
http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html#Fill

This second link is on the same page, but goes to a specific location on that
web page.

Same kind of thing in excel--in this case, you're linking to sheet3, cell z100.