Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Diana Diana is offline

Default Preserving hyperlinks when rows are added

Hi Gary's Student: Can you clarify this formula? I'm assuming "#"
represents the sheet name. What does "address" represent, if sheet
represents the name of the worksheet? Also, what is Z100 representing?
--
Diana

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

This is always a problem using hyperlinks to navagate within a workbook.
because the links are normally enclosed in double-quotes, they don't adjust
as rows/columns/ are added/deleted. But here is a neat trick:

A formula like:

=HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!I14","go")

will "lock" in place, but:

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",Sheet3!Z100),"target ")

will adjust !
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200716

"Jimbob" wrote:

In an Excel 2003 workbook, I have several hyperlinks to hlp navigate around.
The difficulty is when additional rows or columns are added they displace the
target cell reference. In this situation, is it possible to ensure a
hyperlink from a cell takes me to the intended data in a target cell after it
is displaced?
I'd like to achieve this without the use of macros (if possible).
Thanks