Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Macro Question

Hi,

I just had Excel 2007 installed on my laptop today and for some reason the
macro section is greyed-out. I'm not able to view or create any macros. Can
anyone tell me why?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Most likely VB is not installed. Check in Control Panel, add/remove
programs, Office, add or remove features.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"vtec" wrote in message

I just had Excel 2007 installed on my laptop today and for some reason the
macro section is greyed-out. I'm not able to view or create any macros.
Can
anyone tell me why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Under one of the the Office settings in Control panel, add or remove
programs, Office, add or modify is an option to install VB as part of
office. I think it may be under the Office Shared Features section. Change
the selection in it to installed or install on first use. Unfortunately, I
can't be more specific as there are many versions of Office and mine has VB
installed and no options.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
144 Dewberry Drive
Hockessin, Delaware, U.S. 19707

Phone: 302-234-9857, cell 302-584-1771
http://www.add-ins.com

"vtec" wrote in message

I just had Excel 2007 installed on my laptop today and for some reason
the
macro section is greyed-out. I'm not able to view or create any macros.
Can
anyone tell me why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Should VB of been installed automatically when Excel 2007 was installed?

I think so. But MS does not unfortunately.

--
Jim