Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro question in 2007

I recently upgraded to 2007, so I moved\recreated my personal.xls to a a
Macro-enabled workbook (.xlsb). There are two issues now:
1. Excel does not open a blank Book1 when the personal macro file is
hidden. That's a pain b/c i have to go and open a new blank worksheet every
time.
2. When i exit, it only closes the active workbook, not the hidden macro
workbook, so i have to exit twice?

is this a bug or is there something i have to do differently!?

thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try saving it as PERSONAL.XLSM. That is the macro enabled workbook format.
Use the binary format only for large files where loading time is an issue.

--
Jim