Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rebecca

Default Another Filtering Question for Excel 2007 Experts

Greetings. I'm using Excel 2007 (beta), and it's a peach, to say the least.
I asked a question about filtering a few hours ago that was skillfully
answered (thanks, Roger). This time I have another question, but one that
only people using Excel 2007 (beta) can answer.

When I do a filter by righting clicking my mouse in an individual cell,
selecting "Filter" and then "Filter by Selected Cell's Value," the filtered
list appears, of course. At the top of the list will appear an icon,
indicating that this is a filtered list. I then do this again on another
individual cell elsewhere in this filtered list, and another shorter list
appears, which is a subfilter of the first filter. This is just the feature
I need -- filters -- subfilters -- even sub-subfilters!

When I want to remove this sub-filter, I can click on the icon (located at
the top of the subfiltered list column), but then I have to select "Clear
Filter from ..." from the choices in the box that opens. It would be nice if
there were shortcut keys for such filtering and unfiltering, but I can't seem
to find them anywhere. Also, it would be nice if this feature (clearning the
subfilter) could be placed somewhere on the ribbon as an icon. I realize
there is an icon on the ribbon that clears filters, but it clears all
filters, whereas I only want to clear the most recent subfilter and return to
the first or previous filter. Do any Excel 2007 users out there know how
this can be done, either by a shortcut key or by customizing the ribbon with
a "clear subfilter" icon?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Nick Hodge

Rebecca

I don't know of anyway this can be done using the ribbon, certainly I only
see a 'clear all filters' option.

Bear in mind if these are the last actions you have taken Ctrl+Z will undo
it, ie, back them off...undo also works after a save now in XL2007.

As you have pointed out the 'floatie' does have the option to remove
specific column filters...is that not convenient enough?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Rebecca" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rebecca

Nick,

Well, it would be nice if I could put a "remove (sub)filter icon" somewhere
up on the ribbon. It would save a few mouse clicks. We are getting spoiled,
I guess. By the way, if I filtered a cell, did something in another cell
(filled in a blank, for example), using Ctrl+Z would not work, right, because
they I would be erasing what I just put in the blank, which would negate the
whole purpose of this particular filtering in the first place?