Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tjh tjh is offline

Default Color change

Recently, I copied and saved a file. After I did this the Color Fill toolbar
button changed it's basic color schemes. The colors within the Color Fill box
were showing a slightly different color than normal. I do not recall doing
anything different than normal, but I may have. I download an excel file from
an HTML page, which I include in the excel workbook, but I am not sure why
this would cause the color change.
Can you help to explain why this would have happened, or what I may have
done to cause this?

Thank You,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you create a new workbook from Excel's default are your colors the standard
scheme?

When the colors have been modified through ToolsOptionsColorModify, these new
colors become set and saved with that particular workbook.

Will not affect other workbooks, existing or New.

Perhaps when combining the downloaded workbook/worksheet the color scheme from
that workbook became the default for that workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:02:05 -0700, tjh wrote:

Recently, I copied and saved a file. After I did this the Color Fill toolbar
button changed it's basic color schemes. The colors within the Color Fill box
were showing a slightly different color than normal. I do not recall doing
anything different than normal, but I may have. I download an excel file from
an HTML page, which I include in the excel workbook, but I am not sure why
this would cause the color change.
Can you help to explain why this would have happened, or what I may have
done to cause this?

Thank You,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tjh tjh is offline

Yes, the colors are the standard scheme in a new workbook. When I download
the html report it is also in the standard color scheme. I am wondering if it
has something to do with copying the file. Although the original file had the
good color scheme, and I had not modified the colors at all.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not knowing how the file was copied and to where, I am only guessing.

In ToolsOptionsColor there is a dialog box where you can "copy colors from"
and choose a workbook.

Perhaps an inadvertant copy from was done?

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"tjh" wrote in message
Recently, I copied and saved a file. After I did this the Color Fill
toolbar
button changed it's basic color schemes. The colors within the Color Fill
box
were showing a slightly different color than normal. I do not recall doing
anything different than normal, but I may have. I download an excel file
from
an HTML page, which I include in the excel workbook, but I am not sure why
this would cause the color change.
Can you help to explain why this would have happened, or what I may have
done to cause this?

Thank You,

I have a similar problem of the available colour palette being different
between spreadsheets. This poses a problem as I like to colour certain
cells to highlight particular functions and I cannot have a 'one colour fits
all' on some spreadsheets. I have not changed the colour palette so, in
theory, they should all be the 'default' setting.

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway