Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Urszula

Default change background row color with change of date in a cell

How do I change the background colour of the rows as the date in a cell
changes. So to get a 3D effect, eg:

29/5/06 = row grey
30/5/06 = row no colour
31/5/06 = row grey

Can this be done?

Urszula
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaptainQuattro

Urszula Wrote:
How do I change the background colour of the rows as the date in a cell
changes. So to get a 3D effect, eg:

29/5/06 = row grey
30/5/06 = row no colour
31/5/06 = row grey

Can this be done?

Urszula

Assuming your dates are in column A and your first date is in cell A3,
use:

Format Conditional Formatting Condition 1 Formula is

=MOD($A3,2)=0

Click Format Patterns and choose the grey that you want.

Edit Copy Cell A3 and Edit Paste Special Formats to all the cells
in your
range.

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32763

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Do you want the entire row (column A to column IV) colored? Or, do you just
want a certain section of the row (A1:J1) colored? It's a waste of resouces
to color the entire row if you're not using the entire row.

Assume your dates are in the range A1:A3 and you want to color the range to
column J.

Select the range A1:J3
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =MOD(DAY($A1),2)=1
Click the Format button
Select the Patterns tab
Click on the shade of gray you want
OK you way out

Biff

"Urszula" wrote in message
How do I change the background colour of the rows as the date in a cell
changes. So to get a 3D effect, eg:

29/5/06 = row grey
30/5/06 = row no colour
31/5/06 = row grey

Can this be done?

Urszula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaptainQuattro

If you use Mod(day... you will get two adjacent same-coloured rows at
the end of a month with 31 days.

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32763
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542781

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

How?

MOD(30,2)=0
MOD(31,2)=1

Biff

"CaptainQuattro"
<CaptainQuattro.27xv42_1147847423.0779@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:CaptainQuattro.27xv42_1147847423.0779@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

If you use Mod(day... you will get two adjacent same-coloured rows at
the end of a month with 31 days.

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542781

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Oh, ok, I see what you mean:

1/31/2006
2/1/2006

Well, the posted example didn't "demonstrate" that that is how this is to be
used. <g

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
How?

MOD(30,2)=0
MOD(31,2)=1

Biff

"CaptainQuattro"
<CaptainQuattro.27xv42_1147847423.0779@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message
news:CaptainQuattro.27xv42_1147847423.0779@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

If you use Mod(day... you will get two adjacent same-coloured rows at
the end of a month with 31 days.

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile: