Susan

Default Change of text or background color doesn't change on the screen.

In Excel, whenever I change the color of the text or highlight a cell with a
different background color, it's not being reflected on the screen. Any
ideas?
abcd

An idea, yes:
may be the conditional format.

If for example the cell is supposed to become red when the value is
null, and the value is null, then it will stay while the condition is
true. Even if you change the "regular" color (it will appear only when
the condition is false)
Bryan Hessey

Under Options, View, Colour is Colour set to 'Automatic' ?

Does this happen on any specific sheet or in all sheets, in any
specific workbook or all workbooks?

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=390815

Gord Dibben

Susan

If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;320531

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:07:02 -0700, "Susan"
wrote:

In Excel, whenever I change the color of the text or highlight a cell with a
different background color, it's not being reflected on the screen. Any
ideas?

Gord Dibben

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord