Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cannot shift objects off sheet - no comments or mergred cells

I see there are multiple posts to this issue, but none of the suggestions
appear to help. I am using Excel 2007. I have no comments and no merged
cells. It is a simple spreadsheet. I have selected and deleted extra
columns and rows, saved and closed the spreadsheet and reopened. I still
cannot insert new rows. What other possibilities are there?