Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Misplacement of objects on a sheet

In Excel 2007 when loading a workbook (originally created in Excel 2000),
objects like text boxes, rectangles, etc will frequently be placed on the
sheet in the wrong place. I have posted an example at http://65.243.151.82.
Notice in the "Correct" screenshot the row of buttons. You can click any of
the buttons (which correspond to sheet names) and go to that worksheet. The
current active worksheet ("WA" in the example) is indicated by the red
background text box filling the space of the button (and circled in the
example).

In the "Incorrect" example, notice how the text box is shifted up and to the
left, and is also smaller. This happens randomly. In some cases the text
boxes on all of the worksheets are misplaced exactly as the example
(relative to their original position). Other times it might just be one or
two sheets. If I close and re-open the workbook, all is fine again (at least
for a while). I've tried deleting and re-creating the text boxes, but the
problem persists. This seems to be a bug. I have other sheets where a text
box will be in the correct position if opened with a pre-2007 version of
Excel, but much lower on the sheet when opened in 2007. Is there a place to
report bugs and such?

....kurt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kurt,

I don't know specifically about 2007, but in general, Excel likes to move graphics around.
We think the cleaning lady came in and changed the code just before Excel was finalized for
release. Grouping them solves the problem. Select them, right-click one, and choose Group.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com