Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 unrecognized file format in Excel 2003 More options

2007 & 2003

Note to the file - so to speak:

Even if one changes Excel 2007's default file SaveAs format, when
2007
closes, it saves files like Personal.xls as a 2007 file format
without
the new extension .xlsx

My point, I still must save files in 2003 for other's who do not have
2007.

If I copy Personal.xls in the Excel StartUp Directory to a 2003
platform, Excel 2003 does not recognize the file format. (The file
size is about 50% of the original 2003 file size - which is a strong
hint that the file is in the new XML format)

Therefore, I created a macro to save Personal.xls in the 2003 format
in a different directory of my C drive:

Workbooks("PERSONAL.XLS").SaveAs "C:\Excel Information
\Personal.xls", FileFormat:=xlExcel8

EagleOne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Even if one changes Excel 2007's default file SaveAs format

This applies only to new, unsaved files.

--
Jim
ups.com...