Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't open Excel 2007 file with 2003

Because of space limitations, I removed all Office 2007 files from my PC. I
thought I had re-saved all my Excel files, but have discovered I missed one.

I downloaded and installed FileFormatConverters.exe, but this still doesn't
let me read this simple file ... just tells me that I have to open the file
in 2007 and re-save it. Anyone have any workaround suggestions?

--
Colleen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Colleen

The files from the Beta TR version must be saved again in the RTM version
I think that is your problem now with the converters

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Colleen M" wrote in message ...
Because of space limitations, I removed all Office 2007 files from my PC. I
thought I had re-saved all my Excel files, but have discovered I missed one.

I downloaded and installed FileFormatConverters.exe, but this still doesn't
let me read this simple file ... just tells me that I have to open the file
in 2007 and re-save it. Anyone have any workaround suggestions?

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And since the beta site is no longer available, then I guess I'm out of luck,
unless I can find someone with the software installed who's willing to
convert it for me ...
--
Colleen

"Colleen M" wrote in message ...
Because of space limitations, I removed all Office 2007 files from my PC. I
thought I had re-saved all my Excel files, but have discovered I missed one.

I downloaded and installed FileFormatConverters.exe, but this still doesn't
let me read this simple file ... just tells me that I have to open the file
in 2007 and re-save it. Anyone have any workaround suggestions?

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Colleen

If you have a Beta TR file then Send it to me private and I save it in RTM
and send it back to you so you can try the converter

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Colleen M" wrote in message ...
Because of space limitations, I removed all Office 2007 files from my PC. I
thought I had re-saved all my Excel files, but have discovered I missed one.

I downloaded and installed FileFormatConverters.exe, but this still doesn't
let me read this simple file ... just tells me that I have to open the file
in 2007 and re-save it. Anyone have any workaround suggestions?

--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the offer, Ron. I did a bit of searching and discovered an
older version of the converter on the MS website, downloaded and installed it
and that worked. So I will definitely keep this around just in case I run
into it again!

--
Colleen