Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Beta Problem

I installed MS Office 2007 beta 2 and I believe beta 2 TR, but I forgot to
convert my excel files back to 2003 format when I left the US to travel to
another country for an extended vacation. I realize that was a foolish
mistake when working with betas, but errare humanum est. I have MS Office
2003 installed on my second computer, the smaller one I took with me on my
trip.

I am unable to buy MS Office 2007 here in the country I'm in (the product is
only sold in the U.S.), so I'm in kind of a bind. Apparently I can download
and install Beta 2 TR (which expires March 1, but that would give me a few
days to convert back to 2003 formats), but I need to have previous betas
already installed, and these betas have already expired as I understand it.
Could anyone please give me some advice? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob, I have about 10 files, the largest of which is 53 megabytes. The reason
I was using the Excel beta was that the new version didn't have a row
restriction, and several of the large files have about 100,000 rows. I want
to purchase Excel 2007, but MS's complicated purchasing system is making it
difficult. I tried to order from amazon, but they said they only ship to U.S.
addresses, so I'm in a pickle.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

How many files? How big?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Rebecca" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was going to offer to back-convert them for you (with the reduced
functionality that comes with that), but 53Mb wouldn't arrive, and I guess
that at that size they are confidential.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Rebecca" wrote in message
Bob, I have about 10 files, the largest of which is 53 megabytes. The
reason
I was using the Excel beta was that the new version didn't have a row
restriction, and several of the large files have about 100,000 rows. I
want
to purchase Excel 2007, but MS's complicated purchasing system is making
it
difficult. I tried to order from amazon, but they said they only ship to
U.S.
addresses, so I'm in a pickle.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

How many files? How big?

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Rebecca" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob, thanks for the offer. My only hope is finding a way to purchase a copy
of Office 2007 from this country. You would think it would be an easy task.
Amazon won't even ship it to this country.

"Rebecca" wrote in message
Bob, I have about 10 files, the largest of which is 53 megabytes. The
reason
I was using the Excel beta was that the new version didn't have a row
restriction, and several of the large files have about 100,000 rows. I
want
to purchase Excel 2007, but MS's complicated purchasing system is making
it
difficult. I tried to order from amazon, but they said they only ship to
U.S.
addresses, so I'm in a pickle.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

How many files? How big?

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Rebecca" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

At the bottom of the Amazon page are links to their sites for Canada,
United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, France and China. Maybe one of those
will ship to your country.

"Rebecca" wrote in message

Bob, I have about 10 files, the largest of which is 53 megabytes. The
reason
I was using the Excel beta was that the new version didn't have a row
restriction, and several of the large files have about 100,000 rows. I
want
to purchase Excel 2007, but MS's complicated purchasing system is making
it
difficult. I tried to order from amazon, but they said they only ship to
U.S.
addresses, so I'm in a pickle.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

How many files? How big?

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Rebecca" wrote in message

[...]

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Which country is it Rebecca?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Rebecca" wrote in message
Bob, I have about 10 files, the largest of which is 53 megabytes. The
reason
I was using the Excel beta was that the new version didn't have a row
restriction, and several of the large files have about 100,000 rows. I
want
to purchase Excel 2007, but MS's complicated purchasing system is
making
it
difficult. I tried to order from amazon, but they said they only ship
U.S.
addresses, so I'm in a pickle.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

How many files? How big?

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Rebecca" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't know if this would work. Maybe you can download a 60-day trial
version.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...741481033.aspx

I don't know "easy" it is when they say...
" - Easy to convert into a licensed version"

Maybe someone who's done it can jump in...
--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

"Rebecca" wrote in message
Bob, I have about 10 files, the largest of which is 53 megabytes. The
reason
I was using the Excel beta was that the new version didn't have a row
restriction, and several of the large files have about 100,000 rows. I
want
to purchase Excel 2007, but MS's complicated purchasing system is
making
it
difficult. I tried to order from amazon, but they said they only ship
U.S.
addresses, so I'm in a pickle.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

How many files? How big?