Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem after downloading Beta Technical refresh

I have been using Office 2007 Beta and have got on with it very well. I was
e-mailed by Microsoft recommnending that I update with the Beta 2 Technical
Refresh. I have now done this and am unable to use Office 2007. I get an
error message saying that my "anti-virus needs to be updated due to a
compatibilty problem with this program" or "There is a virus in the file, but
that the antivirus progran cannot properly remove or process the virus it has
found."

I get this message when using both Word and Excel, and with any file I try
to open. I have created a new spreadsheet in Excel 2007 saved it and then
tried to re-open but get the same error message

The steps I have taken are to update my Norton, (this is done daily) and to
run a virus scan which yields nothing., but with no avail I cannot access my
spreadsheets.

Is there a solution, please ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Disable the Office Plugin that comes with Norton Antivirus (but
don't disable Norton AutoProtect). See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
information.

John in Cumbria wrote:

Nick, Thank you for trying to help, but I do not understand what you are
telling me to do, Idon't know what NAV is or where I will find the Office
plug in.

Thank you again

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

John

Go into NAV options and disable the Office Plug in

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

www.nickhodge.co.uk

"John in Cumbria" <John in wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you both for your help. Everything is wirking and access has resumed
to my workbooks. Lesson for me is to have saved additional coppies in the
old format.

I am very grateful

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc