Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Problem after downloading Beta Technical refresh

John

Go into NAV options and disable the Office Plug in

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"John in Cumbria" <John in wrote in
message ...

I have been using Office 2007 Beta and have got on with it very well. I
was
e-mailed by Microsoft recommnending that I update with the Beta 2
Technical
Refresh. I have now done this and am unable to use Office 2007. I get an
error message saying that my "anti-virus needs to be updated due to a
compatibilty problem with this program" or "There is a virus in the file,
but
that the antivirus progran cannot properly remove or process the virus it
has
found."

I get this message when using both Word and Excel, and with any file I try
to open. I have created a new spreadsheet in Excel 2007 saved it and then
tried to re-open but get the same error message

The steps I have taken are to update my Norton, (this is done daily) and
run a virus scan which yields nothing., but with no avail I cannot access
my
spreadsheets.

Is there a solution, please ?