Banana

Default I have one missing comment indicator amongst several. How can i c.

I have set my spreadsheet to display comment indicators. All but one comment
indicator is showing. The comment is visible when you move the cursor over it
as normal but i just can't see the indicator. How can i fix this?
Dave Peterson

Are you sure it's a comment?

Maybe it's a Data|Validation Input message????

--

Dave Peterson
Nick B

If you right-click on the cell, do you have a Delete Comments option? If so,
can you delete it and then reinsert it?

"Banana" wrote:

I have set my spreadsheet to display comment indicators. All but one comment
indicator is showing. The comment is visible when you move the cursor over it
as normal but i just can't see the indicator. How can i fix this?

Banana

Yeah, i already tried that and it's the same as before.

One thing i did try that worked, which may give you some clues as to what
the problem may be, is inserting a row above the cell with the comment. What
i noticed was that the comment indicator for that cell appeared, but when you
added a comment in the new row in the cell above you got the same problem.
And on deleting the new row the comment indicator disppeared again!

I have checked the other cells in that row and one neighbouring cell has the
same problem but the rest are OK.

Any more ideas?

"Banana" wrote:

I have set my spreadsheet to display comment indicators. All but one comment
indicator is showing. The comment is visible when you move the cursor over it
as normal but i just can't see the indicator. How can i fix this?

Dave Peterson

You can have a cell set up so that only certain values can be entered.

And when the cell is selected, you can give a message to the user why they have
to enter valid data.

Try it on a test workbook:
From the menubar: Data|Validation
You'll see a couple of tabs there. One is for the input message.

Banana wrote:

I have set my spreadsheet to display comment indicators. All but one comment
indicator is showing. The comment is visible when you move the cursor over it
as normal but i just can't see the indicator. How can i fix this?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Nick B

What row is this on?
Can you try going to Edit-Go To, Special, select Objects, click OK, then go
to Edit-Delete? (You can always Undo). Does that make a difference?

"Banana" wrote:

I have set my spreadsheet to display comment indicators. All but one comment
indicator is showing. The comment is visible when you move the cursor over it
as normal but i just can't see the indicator. How can i fix this?

Banana

It's on row 39...

'No objects found'

I hold my hands up... i've just figured it out and it's quite embarassing!
I was working in Page Break Preview and the cell in question happened to be
within the grey area of 'Page 1'. When i swapped back to Normal view... Hey
presto! Doh

"Banana" wrote:

I have set my spreadsheet to display comment indicators. All but one comment
indicator is showing. The comment is visible when you move the cursor over it
as normal but i just can't see the indicator. How can i fix this?

Banana

It would be rude not to.

:)

Thank you both for your help.