Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add-ins for Excel 2007

Hi all,

Quick question, does anybody know if there is a Flat File Exporter or
something equivalent available for Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can't you just save the document as a .csv file?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"mike_vr" wrote:

Hi all,

Quick question, does anybody know if there is a Flat File Exporter or
something equivalent available for Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think so, but this could be out of my league. Basically we were using
a macro to convert the Excel 97 file to a .dat file, which is then stored on
one of our drives before being exported to our accounting package. All this
was created before my time though, so I have limited knowledge on how to
update this to tie in to Excel 2007.

Does it sound like there is an answer to this, and would it help if you saw
the original macro code?

Thanks,

Mike

"mike_vr" wrote:

Hi all,

Quick question, does anybody know if there is a Flat File Exporter or
something equivalent available for Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well posting the code would probably help us understand what you're doing.
But what happens when you try to run the macro in XL 2007? Do you get
errors? If so, what are the errors?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"mike_vr" wrote:

Hi all,

Quick question, does anybody know if there is a Flat File Exporter or
something equivalent available for Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What happens when you try this "Flat File Exporter" in Excel 2007? If you
cannot find the menu item that it (presumably) used to add to the Tools or
Data or File menu, look at the Add-Ins tab.

--
Jim
"mike_vr" wrote in message
|I don't think so, but this could be out of my league. Basically we were
using
| a macro to convert the Excel 97 file to a .dat file, which is then stored
on
| one of our drives before being exported to our accounting package. All
this
| was created before my time though, so I have limited knowledge on how to
| update this to tie in to Excel 2007.
|
| Does it sound like there is an answer to this, and would it help if you
saw
| the original macro code?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Mike
|
| "Dave F" wrote:
|
| Can't you just save the document as a .csv file?
|
| Dave
| --
| Brevity is the soul of wit.
|

| "mike_vr" wrote:
|
| Hi all,
|
| Quick question, does anybody know if there is a Flat File Exporter or
| something equivalent available for Excel 2007?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Morning Dave / Jim,

If you're still out there to help, here is the code:

Sub AutoJournal()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Application.StatusBar = "Exporting AutoJournal..."
Range("C3,I3").Select
Selection.ClearContents
Range("A36:G63").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("A1").Select
Sheets("AUTOJOURNAL").Select
Range("A1").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues

'That's all fine but then this is where we get a run-time error 9: subscript
out of range

AddIns("Flat File Exporter").Installed = False
On Error Resume Next
AddIns("Flat File Exporter").Installed = True

Dim autoPath As DataObject
Set autoPath = New DataObject
autoPath.SetText "J:\FTP\AUTOACRS.DAT"
autoPath.PutInClipboard
Application.StatusBar = False

End Sub

Does this make sense to you, 'cos it's fairly Greek to me.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

"mike_vr" wrote:

Hi all,

Quick question, does anybody know if there is a Flat File Exporter or
something equivalent available for Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Morning Jim,

Thanks for your response. I've given a slightly more detailed description of
the problem in my response to Dave, including where the error occurs, does
this make any sense to you?

Also, tried the Add-ins tab but to no luck, and can't find it anywhere
within Microsoft online or the web, so not sure if it even exists anymore?!?

Thanks,

Mike

"mike_vr" wrote in message
|I don't think so, but this could be out of my league. Basically we were
using
| a macro to convert the Excel 97 file to a .dat file, which is then stored
on
| one of our drives before being exported to our accounting package. All
this
| was created before my time though, so I have limited knowledge on how to
| update this to tie in to Excel 2007.
|
| Does it sound like there is an answer to this, and would it help if you
saw
| the original macro code?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Mike
|
| "Dave F" wrote:
|
| Can't you just save the document as a .csv file?
|
| Dave
| --
| Brevity is the soul of wit.
|

| "mike_vr" wrote:
|
| Hi all,
|
| Quick question, does anybody know if there is a Flat File Exporter or
| something equivalent available for Excel 2007?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Apparently the "Flat File Exported" add-in is not installed.

Try this sequence:

Office button menu Excel Options button.
Add-ins item in the left column.
Bottom: Manage Excel Add-ins Go button.
Finally the familiar Add-Ins dialog.

Five mouse operations, compared to two in prior Excel versions.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"mike_vr" wrote:

Hi all,

Quick question, does anybody know if there is a Flat File Exporter
or
something equivalent available for Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Jon

Been down that route before, but the option to check "flat file exporter"
isn't there, which is where my original confusion originated. Could it be
something available only to Excel 97, or perhaps even something someone in
our office created years ago and not actually an Excel Add-in?!?

Thanks,

Mike

"mike_vr" wrote:

Hi all,

Quick question, does anybody know if there is a Flat File Exporter
or
something equivalent available for Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi all,

Thanks for your help, problem solved!! Basically went into the Library in
Excel 97 program files and copied the add-in and pasted into the Library in
2007. Not sure if it's entirely legit or the right way of doing it but works
perfectly now.

Thanks again,

Mike