Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Restricted Save As option to all work stations

Hello,
I have a database of 180 workbooks with multiple sheets on sharing through
network drive, soem user have read+write rights and some have read-only
rights.

I want to protect every workbook that no one, specially with the read only
rights, can save the workbook on their desktop and Copy Paste the workbook as
a file on their hard disk.

Is there any suggestion, it would be relly helpfull

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Saving is the easy bit, use

msg = "I don't want you to do that"
MsgBox (msg)
If SaveAsUI = True Then Cancel = True
End Sub

For preventing cut, copy and paste etc look here.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=373

"Salman" wrote:

Hello,
I have a database of 180 workbooks with multiple sheets on sharing through
network drive, soem user have read+write rights and some have read-only
rights.

I want to protect every workbook that no one, specially with the read only
rights, can save the workbook on their desktop and Copy Paste the workbook as
a file on their hard disk.

Is there any suggestion, it would be relly helpfull

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, I am trying these codes, while please advice;

By using these code would I, the owner of the worksheet, be able to open
workbook with all administrative options or is there any option to use
password or have to developed another macro to disbale these codes.

Will I be able to get values from these protected worksheets in another
worksheet through formula.

and last do I have to paste the code in every worksheet, already developed,
seperately?.

Regards.