Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel data filter collapses rows even after I select show all!?!?!?

Sorry but sometimes I don't understand if it is me or Excel....?!
I have set the usual Automatic Data Filter and now I have those
beautiful select at the top of the page.
I select a filter and naturally Excel collapse rows so to show only my
desired values.
THEN...I select show all in the select form of the same column and I
again have all the rows...BUT at the end of the data (imagine I have 60
rows of data) so from 61 to 70 (and I don't understand why 70!) rows
are collapsed. And not hided but collapsed...I have to take one by one
with my mouse and enlarge the. Of course if I go to the main menu,
data, show all they appear again. From 71 everything is fine.
I don't understand why...!?!?
Am I missing something? Where is the trick? Do I need some holidays?
Thank you.
Ataru

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Dave, unfortunately yes...when I Data|Filter|Show All ir shows
everything but...if I have all the columns set to Show All what is the
difference between that and Data|Filter|Show?

An example: all the columns are set to Show All. I get one column set
to one value that filter the data. I again set Show All on the same
column...while data are shown, some empty rows at the end of the data
area are still collapsed and there is no way to make them appear unless
I select Data|Filter|Show All.
What is the missing part? What am I not understand?
Tks,
Ataru

Dave Peterson ha scritto:

Maybe you have filtered by multiple columns.

Try:
Data|Filter|Show All
(instead of using the dropdown arrow in each column and selecting (All).)

Or maybe those rows were hidden manually???????

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ataru

If you have made a selection by only 1 dropdown, then selecting Show All
from that dropdown, or DataFilterShow All should produce the same
result.

If you are still having problems, you can email me a copy of your
workbook direct and I will see if I can see what the problem is. To send
direct, remove NOSPAM from my email address.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

oups.com...