Maddy

Default Select Rows dependant on certain field data

How can I select certain rows in a spreadsheet based upon the text found
in one column? To explain: All rows have a column that contains text
"immediate" or "ongoing" or "closed". How can I select only the rows
that contain the word "immediate" in that column?
When I say select a mean select as in ready to 'copy' or 'cut' that
data ready to be pasted elsewhere.
I know what I mean

--
Maddy
Maddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25646

barrfly

I would try a numbe of approaches.

1. highlight the column that has the field that you want to filter and
goto data, filter. Once the arrow appears, select the word that you
want to filter on.

2. you could sort the workbook by the column that has the field
"immediate"

Hope this helps.

--
barrfly