MrSkoot99

Default Select rows of data in a worksheet on one criteria in multiple co

I want to select rows of data from a worksheet based on one cxriteria in
multiple rows. I cannot get the filter command to produce the correct result.

Help!!
bj

What is the problem with the filter?
What is the critera?
is it all in one column?

"MrSkoot99" wrote:

I want to select rows of data from a worksheet based on one cxriteria in
multiple rows. I cannot get the filter command to produce the correct result.

Help!!

MrSkoot99

I have a worksheet to track tithing at my church. The data is in rows with
name, address, phine #, etc and the amounts for each week in columns (lone
each for cheque and cash).

I want to be able to select all those donating in the last 4 months.

"MrSkoot99" wrote:

I want to select rows of data from a worksheet based on one cxriteria in
multiple rows. I cannot get the filter command to produce the correct result.

Help!!

bj

use a helper column with
=if(or(Cheque0,Cash0),1,""
filter by this column and the date column.

"MrSkoot99" wrote:

I want to select rows of data from a worksheet based on one cxriteria in
multiple rows. I cannot get the filter command to produce the correct result.

Help!!

MrSkoot99

Here is the format of the column headings in the worksheet:
A Env #
B Last Name
C First Name
D Prefix (e.g. Mr, Mrs, etc)
E Address
F City
G Province
H Postal Code
I.....FX Date with 2 columns under each date (one for cheque and one for cash)

When I applied your filter only the first row of data appeared. I knoe this
is wrong.

Any other thoughts?

"MrSkoot99" wrote:

I want to select rows of data from a worksheet based on one cxriteria in
multiple rows. I cannot get the filter command to produce the correct result.

Help!!

bj

how is the amount entered?
if you only get the top row, the amounts might be entered as text even if
they look like numbers. select two cells with dta in them and in anothe cell
add them. if the answer is 0, they are probably text