Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell 255 Character - Error Mail merge to MS word.

Greetings,

I am having difficulties with extracting data from an excel cell with data
255 char. in length when i use the mailmerge function.... The info. in MS

word is truncated to 255 in length... please help!!

I am kind of newbee for with database with large amount of info..... I have
spent 100hours in collection info. and designing the current database. Be
good if someone can give me suggestion.

I have little knowledge in VBA also (i might need to learn about it however
if that's the only quick fix to the problem.

Thank you in advance :)
Randoo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Randoo

There are some real issues with this particularly in Excel/Word before and
including 2000.

It seems one of the following should work

1) In WORD go to ToolsOptions...General and check confirm conversion at
open. This will prompt you for Data Type to use, ODBC, OLEDB, DDE, etc.
Select DDE and see if that works

2) Delete the headers in the Excel File. (Makes it a little more difficult
to manage in Word but...

Seems this is something the Excel and Word teams have not successfully fixed
since Excel had a 255 character limit in a cell ;-)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Randoo" wrote in message
Greetings,

I am having difficulties with extracting data from an excel cell with data
255 char. in length when i use the mailmerge function.... The info. in MS

word is truncated to 255 in length... please help!!

I am kind of newbee for with database with large amount of info..... I
have
spent 100hours in collection info. and designing the current database.
Be
good if someone can give me suggestion.

I have little knowledge in VBA also (i might need to learn about it
however
if that's the only quick fix to the problem.

Thank you in advance :)
Randoo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nick,

Thanks for your prompt response mate.
I have tried the suggestion you have given but the situation did not
change....

1) After checking "Confirm Conversation at Open", there was no prompt
different data type as you mentioned.... The only prompt that prop. up when
i open the MS word doc. was checking to see if i would like to run the SQL
command & open a particular field...

2) removing the Headers/Footer does not work my PC....

Help~~ Plz~~

Thank you in advance.

Randoo

"Randoo" wrote in message
Greetings,

I am having difficulties with extracting data from an excel cell with data
255 char. in length when i use the mailmerge function.... The info. in MS

word is truncated to 255 in length... please help!!

I am kind of newbee for with database with large amount of info..... I
have
spent 100hours in collection info. and designing the current database.
Be
good if someone can give me suggestion.

I have little knowledge in VBA also (i might need to learn about it
however
if that's the only quick fix to the problem.

Thank you in advance :)
Randoo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Randoo

Did you try setting up a new document with the setting in ToolsOptions...
It may be that the connection method is embedded with the file. A fresh
file may not have this limitation

--
HTH
Nick Hodge